Anastasia of Beverly Hills Contour Kit Review

We all know those beauty products that get added to a 'wish list' on Pinterest, but we never have the excuse to treat ourselves to them. It's the story of my life, but I guess I can finally tick this contour kit off of the list...


 I've had this product on my wish list board for ages! I've only had this palette a week, but I already know that I wouldn't be without it in my makeup routine! (Yep, that good!) I was doubtful as to whether this would be another product that is hyped about, but never lives up to its expectations. Fortunately, I can say this isn't the case!

The contour kit consists of 3 cream highlighting shades and 3 cream contouring shades, all suitable for various skin tones. I'm not going to lie at first I did struggle finding the perfect shadow for my skin tone- I wouldn't recommend the mud striped look :/ But through trial and error, I've found the middle contour shade is perfect for my cool toned skin.

The formulation of these shades make blending an absolute dream. I've been using Real Technique's shading brush to apply the contour into the hollows of my cheeks and then blending this out with RT's contour brush. I find this creates a subtle but flawless contour, without the caked on effect.

To finish off the look, I've been pairing this contour kit with Benefit's 'Hoola' bronzer, which kind of acts like a setting powder to my contour, I find this allows my makeup to stay on all day, without me having to touch it up throughout the night.

What are your thoughts on this product?

-Clo

Comments

Popular Posts