20 Beauty Questions Tag




Hey everyone! I feel like I haven't been posting enough about makeup recently on my blog, so I thought I should strip it back today and do the '20 Beauty Questions' tag. I will warn you now- it's currently 3.30am, so my answers may show my sleep deprivation.

1.Do you remember your first makeup item?
  From what I remember; the first makeup item I bought was a Miss Sporty clear mascara and I      could not get over the difference it made to my lashes. I also used those roll on lip gels, they tasted sooo good!!

2.Describe your perfect mascara. 
 I'm quite fussy with mascaras but I've found 3 that I absolutely love- firstly from the drugtore; Seventeen's 'False Lash Effect' mascara, the wand is perfect for separating each individual lash but also gives enough volume. Secondly, Maybelline do some insane mascara's, at the mo my fave from them is the 'Lash Sensational' one; I'm always asked if I'm wearing false lashes. And finally a more expensive one is from Benefit 'Roller Lash'. I tried this mascara as a sample and couldn't get enough! I've had so many compliments when I've used this product.

3.What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
 Personally, I like medium coverage but a foundation has to still look natural and not cakey. Too often I see people looking like they've been painted in foundation. To achieve this sort of coverage, I like to use my Real Technique's 'Expert Face' brush to really work the product into my skin. It's so bad to cake your face with foundation.



4.Favourite High End Brand?
  This is such a tough question- but I have to say MAC. I love the lipsticks, the foundations, the eyeshadows and their highlighters! Overall, if  I had to stick to one high end brand; it would have to be MAC!

5. Which cosmetic brands have you wanted to try, but never have?
  Hourglass; especially their Ambient Lighting palette. I also would love to try Too Faced- their eyeshadows look amazing and their pigmentation seems better than MAC!

6. Favourite Drugstore Brand?
  I'm kind of cheating with this one, I have 2- Rimmel because their foundations are my all time favourite! The 'Wake Me Up' foundation has to be my all time favourite! I also love Maybelline for their mascara's so I have to say both brands.

7.Do you wear fake eyelashes?
 Personally I don't see the point in wearing them, I'm quite an impatient person so I don't have the patience to sit there carefully applying them. I also find my lashes to be long and voluminous enough, without needing to wear them- I do get asked frequenty if my natural lashes are fake. But I do feel inspired to wear them when I see makeup artists using them. So it's a possibility I will in the future...



8.Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
 For me this product has to be mascara, I just find it adds so much to the eyes and draws attention away from my tiredness.

9.What is your most cherished beauty product?
 Without a doubt, this is my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in 'Soft and Gentle', it's not even the most expensive product I own, but it's one of my favourite products and I wouldn't be without it in my collection.

10. Do you utilize rewards cards?
 I have an unhealthy amount of loyalty/rewards cards in my purse- it's become so much of a problem that I have to take a few minutes at the till to hunt down the correct card. I love the feeling of collecting enough points on my card, to then be able to spend them.

11.What type of product do you buy most often?
 For me, this has to be bronzer. I have no idea why I think I need anymore, but I just find it so satisfying buying a new one, even if I have 50 more of them back home

12.Do you avoid certain ingredients in products?
 I stay clear of oil in products which is difficult, but I just find it's not necessary for my skin. Mostly mineral oil and any ingredient that is going to clog my pores and add more oil to my face.

13. If you could only buy from one brand, which would it be?
 Drugstore- Rimmel London. High End- MAC or Nars for sure!

14. Which brand do you think has the best packaging?
 Charlotte Tilbury!! Getting a delivery is the best feeling from this brand, so well packaged and what's not to love about complimentary samples?

15.Which celebrity always has great makeup?
 Ashley Benson's makeup always makes me incredibly jealous! One of the reasons I've stuck to watching PLL is just to gain some makeup inspo through what she's wearing.



16. Favourite Beauty Guru's
 ChloeMorello, Pixiwoo, DanielleMansutti and ViviannaDoesMakeup- they're all babes!

17.Do you use primers for the eyes?
 Yes! I never used to but in comparison to the longevity of my eye makeup before I started priming my eyelids with Urban Decay's primer potion, it's definitely worth it!

18.Which do you apply first, foundation or concealer?
 Foundation, followed by concealer. I don't really suffer with hypo-pigmentation or anything like that, so I find my foundation covers pretty much everything that I need it to, so I don't really need a concealer to act as a base.

19.Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
 Definitely, I think there's so much to discover in terms of makeup and ways to apply it. Before starting Uni, most of my family and friends thought I would go into the makeup industry, just because how much I love it. So I definitely would love to learn more.

20. What do you love about makeup?
  Where to even begin with this question- I love how much more confidence it can give someone, whether they don't feel good enough in their skin or whether it can help them overcome issues with their confidence in terms of their skin. For me, makeup is just so interesting as there's so many ways it can be applied. The thought of makeup excites me, I love trying new products out, I love creating new looks and I love the compliments you get in wearing it. To me makeup can be for everyone, it's so versatile and diverse that it doesn't restrict you. 


Did you make it this far? Time check- 4.25am and I think it's time for bed!
Hope you've enjoyed this post and don't forget to let me know some of your answers!
-Clo xo

Comments

Popular Posts