Tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette | Purple Smokey Eye Look


Hi All- I'm so excited to share this post with you, as recently I was lucky enough to do my very first 'Makeup Swap' with one of my Instagram followers (RachelBeautyStyle). One of the items I received was this beautiful palette and today I wanted to try it out. Please don't forget to go and give her Instagram a stalk and don't forget to have a good ol' browse through her blog posts- they are seriously amazing!

Moving on to what you probably came here for- my first impressions of the Tarte 'Energy Noir Clay Palette'...

 The Run Down

The palette contains 6 matte eyeshadows, 2 shimmers, 1 highlighting shade and a blush.

The eyeshadows are so intensely pigmented, especially the darker matte shades which make my life so much easier when it comes to creating a smokey eye. The are also beautifully textured, almost creamy so are easy to blend on the eyelid.

The blush comes in the shade 'unearthed' and is the perfect muted nudey pink which  goes perfectly with the eyeshadows as it's  not too intense.





To create a slightly smokey, yet still very wearable 'smokey eye', I used 'Up Too Slate' all over my lid. Then went in the crease with 'Stone Unturned' and blended this out, adding 'Power Plum' gradually to create a deeper purple look. I then lined my lash line with 'Dark Drive'- a beautiful matte brown. Then I  used 'Crystal Spark' to lighten the eyelid slightly, I applied this to the centre of my lid blending it out.

Instagram Finished Look

Thanks for reading!
Clo xo

Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures honey! Will have to give this palette a try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! You definitely do, so versatile!xx

      Delete
  2. Hi! I've just been reading through some of your posts and noticed that you've been doing makeup swaps which sounds really interesting! How did you come by this and how does it work? I think it's a really cute idea because it can be so annoying that in other countries the makeup list seems to be endless but in England it's all just the same and we don't really get any of the American stuff over here :-( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm so lucky to have been doing these swaps because, as you've said the UK are lacking in terms of the makeup department. I mean we're missing out on Sephora!! I managed to do these swaps with 2 of my lovely Instagram followers, we'd been commenting on one another's posts about how we'd wished our country would sell such products and thought it was about time we'd organise a swap! I'd highly recommend doing one, however bare in mind shipping costs! But receiving it felt like Christmas! Hope that helps, thank you for commenting!xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts