Fail Proof Skincare Routine

Time to talk skincare (again!)

As a teen, I always had fairly oily skin with a tendency for breakouts. I'm not going to go into much detail about the breakouts in this blog post, but I'll be sure to pop up an in-depth one about my 'acne prone' skin shortly. Now as a 20 year old, I can safely say those oily days are gone! At least for now...

My skin type is normal, with a tendency to become dry and dull looking throughout the working week.

Here are my HOLY-GRAIL skin saviours...


First up the Body Shop's 'Tea Tree Toner'- this beauty is my go-to whenever any spots appear on my face. The first sign of one and I'm applying this to the problem area with a cotton pad. This product is drying (obviously Clo- it's tea tree oil) but allows the skin to balance out any excess oil levels. I can definitely notice when I stop using this product.

Next is the Emma Hardie 'Moringa Cleansing Balm' which has only recently become one of my holy grails, probably due to its price range. Even so, this is amazing at removing my makeup at night and providing my skin with a deep cleanse after the gym. It refreshes my skin, leaving it feeling clean yet completely moisturised and well nourished. I don't usually like scented products for skincare, but this just adds to the fresh feeling left on my skin.

Would this even be a skincare post if I didn't mention a new eye cream? Kiehls' 'Creamy Eye Treatment'  has exceeded my expectations- I love its texture! I apply this morning and night and perhaps a bit more after a night out! This not only soothes the eye area but also brightens. Fine lines and wrinkles aren't really a concern for me at the minute, so I can't really say whether or not this have helped in that respect.

Lastly,  I've been enjoying the 'Ultra Facial Cream' from Kiehls since December and even though temperatures have risen- my skin still craves the rich moisture this cream provides. I apply this more often at night and only in the morning if I feel particularly dry. I have been complimented loads on how dewy and healthy my skin looks with this face cream and I can totally see why.


And that's about it. I do want to mention the 'Dragon's Fix' range from Rodial which I have been trying out recently. The XXL serum was extra-ordinary, alongside with the eye cream.


I like to keep my skincare pretty simple but I love trying new products, so be sure to let me know of any products you would recommend.

Comments

Popular Posts