2017

This will be my third attempt at writing this post, but hey- who's counting? 


2017 has been an incredibly tough one for me; a lot of amazing opportunities have transpired, (like starting a new job and beginning my dissertation). And yet, when I think about the past 12 months, all of the amazing things are overshadowed by the the bad. I guess in some way, I'm still accepting the events throughout 2017, but I am so ready for it to be over. We've all got to deal with the bad in our lives, and so let me pass you on to the highlights, so you can continue to swallow your 'happy new year' festivities...


The Highlights


-Attending my Sister's graduation in the summer. There was no doubt in my mind that she would succeed at Uni, but to think that those four years of her life are now over, is so scary!




-The Girls. They've definitely been my backbone, when I didn't have one this year. I'm not one for 'soppy', heartfelt messages but I am deeply grateful for their support and for carrying my sobbing butt home. Couldn't have done this year without you.




-Amsterdam 2017. What an incredible experience, (minus the vile aromas and cyclists) I loved every bit of it- the cheeses, the beautiful scenery and of course the company.




-Removing a few more parasites. It's a given that dust accumulates and it was time for me to see to that. It feels good to get rid of unwanted baggage.

-Starting my new job, working with one of my favourite companies. I definitely feel more excited about the future because of this, and couldn't be more ready to graduate now.


-Hitting 21, I still feel that birthday's are overrated- I mean I don't need to be reminded that I am aging. But, being able to spend a few days with my family was just what I needed for this birthday! 


I feel like the upcoming year is incredibly daunting, but I'm anticipating a lot of amazing opportunities in 2018, hopefully surrounded by equally wholesome people.

Happy New Year!








Comments

Popular Posts