My Morning Skincare Routine: Spring 2018.




Oh, how I have missed writing up a good ol' skincare routine post, but this time around I want to make it as detailed as possible for you! Let me know if it helps


Skincare Concerns:
The most important part of this post is to stress the benefits of tailoring your routine to your specific skincare needs. For me, that is dehydration and overcoming some blemishing that is left over from a few breakouts, (thanks dissertation). 

Cleanser
On mornings that my skin feels slightly drier, I will opt for the Omorovicza 'Thermal Cleansing Balm' which is a fantastic mud-based cleanser. The Hungarian Moor Mud used purifies and nourishes the skin with its high levels of Vitamin E and Humic Acid. I love the texture of this cleanser as it leaves my skin feeling incredibly smooth and hydrated because of the sweet almond oil. This ingredient also makes this cleanser perfect for removing any sort of makeup or impurities on the skin. I alternate this with Rodial's 'Vit C Brightening Cleanser' on mornings that my skin needs a bit more of a boost. This cleanser contains blood orange water to hydrate the skin, Glycolic acid to remove any dead skin and softly exfoliate the skin. The Ethyl Absorbic Acid is the Vitamin C used in this cleanser to brighten the complexion. If you are looking for a cleanser that is going to brighten and exfoliate your skin- you have found you match with this one.

Eye Cream
The first thing I reach for after cleansing is Tata Harper's Illuminating Eye Cream and has been for the past two or so months because it immediately brightens my tired-looking eyes. This luxurious illuminating and radiant eye cream gives the orbital area an intense luminescence to make it seem like I have had enough sleep- I absolutely love it. The ingredients are incredibly natural, (as with all T.H. products) and leaves this area hydrated throughout the day and prepped for my under-eye concealer. I have had so many compliments at work, with several customers asking what I have used so my under eye makeup does not crease or fade. And in all honestly, the only thing I have changed is using this product.

Serum/Treatment
Since REN launched their 'Ready Steady Glow' lactic acid treatment, it seems that I have completely forgotten about 'Good Genes'...but for good reason. This daily tonic treatment not only contains lactic acid to exfoliate the skin but also salicyclic acid which goes much further into the skin to remove any impurities deep in the pores. The Azelaic Acid evens out skin tone and brightens the complexion, which I noticed within a week of using this tonic. The pump bottle is so simple to use and just makes my life so much easier in the mornings.

Moisturiser
I have been loving Sunday Riley's 'Tidal' for so long and recently came back to it. The gel like consistency provides intense hydration without the rich texture. This moisturiser contains hylauronic acid to allow the skin to hold its hydration levels throughout the day. To further brighten the skin, it contains Papaya enzymes to gently exfoliate the skin whilst maintaining a smooth complexion. 

And of course, I cannot forget Caudalie's 'Beauty Elixir' which I use throughout the day to top up on hydration and brighten a slightly tired looking face. I use this product before I set my face with powder to create a really radiant finish to my foundation and the subtle menthol scent leaves my skin feeling refreshed and awake. Its extracts of rose, grape and rosemary hydrates and smooths, creating a glowy complexion.




I will be posting the second part of this post within the next few days that will focus on my evening skincare, so do not forget to check back soon.

Comments

Popular Posts