Morning Skincare Routine | Dry and Blemish Prone |





There is a misconception that skin ceases to be 'blemish prone' once we reach our early twenties, but where would the fun be if that happened?

Factors that can influence breakouts include hormonal changes, stress and genetics. Last time I checked, they only intensify as we get older. Thankfully, there are some fantastic skincare brands out there that can answer our breakout prayers.

I would describe my skin as fairly dry with a tendency to breakout when faced with the smallest inconvenience...I'm like a stress magnet at the mo. So let me talk you through my typical morning routine.


Morning Cleanser
I love rediscovering products and Lancer's Polish is no exception. I use this exfoliant three times a week on days where I notice my skin feeling drier and looking as though it needs a little more care. Prior to using a cleanser, I apply a hazelnut size to damp skin and massage it all over, avoiding the eye area.  Formulated with pumpkin and pomegranate enzymes to gently remove the dead skin cells. Also, brown sea algae deeply nourishes and promotes outstanding moisture to the epidermis. This polish also provides a physical exfoliation with quartz and sodium bicarbonate crystals to diminish red spots and imperfections. 

It comes as no surprise that my cleanser continues to be Tata Harper's 'Purifying Cleanser'. The gel based formula melts into a luxurious oil and once in contact with water, creates a gentle micro foam. Enriched with pomegranate and papaya enzymes, this natural cleanser lifts impurities from the pores and balances oil production to effectively leave the skin smoother and softer. 

Eyecream
I always notice a difference when I consistently use an eyecream- concealer always sits better and I see a marked difference with the millia around my eyes. I apply the smallest amount of Omorovicza's 'Reviving Eye Cream' and gently press this in, avoiding the eye lid. Its soothing formula of cucumber extract is a brilliant way to tackle tired eyes and with Narcissus flower extract, dark circles are no longer a concern. Its lightweight consistency is a perfect treatment for dehydration and fine lines that seem to creep up as the weather changes.

All of Omorovicza's products contain a Hydro Mineral Transference delivery system which supplies each product with healing benefits identical to those minerals found in thermal waters. In Budapest, the earth's core is thinner and therefore the city has readily available sources of vital minerals. With their patented delivery system re-configuring the molecular structure of minerals found in the thermal waters of spas and delivering the minerals to the deepest layers of the skin, these healing properties can now be provided on a daily basis in our skincare routine, and I couldn't be happier.

Serum
Serums are something that I seem to change weekly but having discovered Omorovicza's 'Instant Perfection Serum', I find myself reaching for this staple in my routine. It is an oil-free serum that hydrates and awakens the skin with beneficial ingredients like hyaluronic acid, narcissus stem cells and sodium hydroxide. 

Moisturiser
Caudalie's latest launch of Vinopure 'Skin Perfecting Mattifying Fluid' attracted me immediately with its 100% natural salicyclic acid formula that unclogs pores and refines skin texture. Grape Polyphenols help with long-term results as it provides a natural glow to the complexion. I absolutely love the lightweight feel of this moisturiser as it leaves my skin mattified but not dry.

SPF
It always baffles me when someone says how futile it is to wear an SPF everyday, even on days that are "not sunny". Let me just remind you that sun damage continues to occur on the cloudiest of days, with 80% of UVA rays penetrating through the clouds. Unprotected exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays can cause premature ageing, hyperpigmentation and in severe cases, skin cancer.  As someone with fair skin, I am extremely sensitive to the exposure of the sun and therefore ensure that on a daily basis I am wearing at least a factor of 30. I have been loving Chantecaille's 'Ultra Sun Protection' as a primer that also provides a strong protection of 45. This is always halved once makeup has been applied but 22.5 is enough protection for my fair skin. There is nothing worse than feeling caked in layers of products, so I love using this lightweight fluid to prime my makeup and protect my skin. It's also unscented and perfect for the most sensitive of skins. 

Facial Sprays/Elixirs

I always say that Caudalie's 'Beauty Elixir' got me through writing my dissertation because of its refreshing scent of mint that banishes dull and fatigued skin. I always recommend this product for drier skin types as a makeup setting spray as it provides long-lasting hydration. Containing extracts of rose, rosemary and grape to tighten pores and create an effortlessly glowing complexion.



As always, please let me know which products you are currently using and recommend. I will be posting my favourite face masks soon, so look out for that one!




Comments

Popular Posts