My Current Skincare Routine In Isolation


Time to talk skincare


While it's been difficult being stuck in the house, it's also given me more reason to look after my skin. There's now no excuse for me to put off exfoliating or reapplying sunscreen throughout the day now, so neither should you!



Cleanse
Kate Somerville's Goat Milk Cleanser has the most creamy and soothing effect on the skin which is why I love using this to refresh my skin in the morning. I apply this to damp skin and massage this in circular motions to stimulate blood circulation. I tend to avoid the eyes as it does contain fragrance that typically irritates my eyes. I then grab my Emma Hardie cleansing cloth and wash the cleanser away with warm water.

Key Ingredients:
•Vitamin rich Manuka Honey which instances nourishes the skin, reducing redness and irritation.
•Lactic Acid gently exfoliates the dead cells, leaving a smoother texture.
•Jojoba and Avocado oils condition and cleanses.


Moisturiser & SPF
Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-free moisturiser is the perfect pick if you're looking for something ultra hydrating but lightweight. I opt for this to wear under my SPF as it locks in moisture, without leaving a residue on my skin. But don't mistake this as just  an 'oil free' cream as this product is packed with collagen amino acids, a small amount of glycolic acid and soy proteins.

Key Ingredients:
•Marine Algae enhances skin elasticity, that in-turn reduces signs of dehydration.
•Hyaluronic Acid is in my opinion, so misunderstood because of overused marketing terminology. This acid is a humectant that can retain 1000x of it's own weight. To put it simply, this ingredient allows your skin to retain moisture and cushion itself from dehydration.

Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer SPF 30 has been my go-to sunscreen for quite some time as it avoids chemical filters and many often irritating (and pointless) ingredients. The only key ingredient that needs to be mentioned here is zinc oxide that provides broad spectrum protection for all skin types. Most mineral based SPF's, they tend to be very thick and can often leave your skin looking ghostly. I like to mix a few drops of Sunday Riley's CEO Glow face oil with my SPF as it achieves dewy glow and reduces that ghostly appearance from the sunscreen.

Key Ingredients:
•Vitamin C that targets pigmentation, sun damage and blemishing. It's also perfect to use as a serum as it has antioxidant properties.
•Tumeric is another antioxidant that provides another layer of protection to the skin. I know I'm not exactly heading to work everyday but being outside exposes my skin to pollution, free radicals and other pollutants.
•Evening Primrose Oil is what originally sold me to this product as this works as a hormone balancer and is therefore ideal for anyone who suffers from hormonal breakouts, acne or congestion. Although listed as an oil, this product has a very lightweight texture and can be used as a serum.

Eye Cream
111 Skin Space Defence Bright Eye Lift Gel is a different texture than what I'm used to but I love it! Ideal lightweight, gel texture that absorbs quickly and targets puffiness immediately.

Key Ingredients:
•NAC Y2 was originally formulated to help patient's skin repair after trauma and to accelerate recovery time.
•This patented formula also contains a stabilised form of Vitamin C that provides antioxidant protection and targets pigmentation.

Lip balm
Fresh Rose Lip balm with SPF 15 has been my favourite since December because it's such a natural, rosey pink shade that nourishes and protects your lips. SPF in lip products is sadly missed in so many people's routine and is in my opinion, a vital step.

Key Ingredients:
•Sugar which is a natural humectant known for its ability to prevent moisture loss.
•Vitamin C and E to protect and repair the delicate skin.
•Beeswax is a protective emollient that helps to preserve moisture.


And that's my full routine to set me up for a day. I do miss going outside but for right now, I'm grateful to be healthy and have the luxury of staying at home, safely.

Let me know your thoughts and your current faves.

Comments

Popular Posts