Monthly Empties | April to May




If this time in lockdown has taught me anything, it's to have more patience. I've been applying this to all areas of my life including my sporadic skincare shelf. Last month, I set myself the challenge of facing those half-used products and out of date items. So these are the product that I used up:

REN Rosa Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water 
Kicking it off with cleansing, I enjoyed using this as a gentle skin refresher in the mornings to remove excess oils, and applied it like I would a toner.
•This product contains Rosa Centifolia flower extract to soothe irritated skin. I didn't find it irritating when used around the eyes but i would not recommend this as a 'makeup remover' as it's more of a light, gentle remover. Although, it was brilliant for removing makeup mistakes.
•I found it good at removing light makeup like my tinted moisturiser or as a morning cleanse.  Perfect for the light makeup I've been applying during lockdown. I would opt for a heavier cleansing balm for those wearing more makeup.

Target customer:
Anyone who is looking for minimal skincare that doesn't have much time to cleanse their skin. Ideal for all skin types and suitable for those with sensitivities. Affordable price and 100% recyclable packaging.

Would I repurchase?
Probably not, as I love a balm cleanser for my dry skin and would need something to remove my eye makeup.


111Skin Y Theorem Repair Serum 
The first product created by Dr Alexandrides that inspired the 111Skin range, that ultimately protects and repairs the skin. This serum is designed to significantly boost collagen production, support cell regeneration and improve elasticity.
•I love the plumping effect of this serum as it instantly reduced my dehydration lines and the worry lines that I seemed to have developed during lockdown.
•Vitamin C formula effectively removed a few scars that stubborn blemishes had left on my skin. I noticed this result within a week of using it.

Target customer:
Honestly, anyone. Ideal with anyone battling with breakouts that do not want the scarring left behind, those battling against ageing and also dehydrated skin types which seems to be the whole world.

Would I repurchase?
Absolutely! This has to be my third bottle and it definitely will not be my last.

Sunday Riley's CEO Glow Oil
A skincare treatment developed for its brightening properties. Created as an oil formula as it can be absorbed instantly through our lipid layer of our skin.
•I cannot begin to tell you how much
•I can often breakout with Vitamin C however this form js derived from THD Absorbate which is a stabilised form and contains around 3% alongside other powerful ingredients.
•Formulated with Tumeric as an antibacterial ingredient that works to enhance skin's natural radiance and even skin tone.
•Evening Primrose Oil soothes areas of irritation and is also known to be hormone balancing.


Target customer: 
Dull, dry skin types that need a boost of radiance. Ideal for those with uneven tone or texture. Contains no essential oils so can even be used during pregnancy,

Would I repurchase?
100%, there isn't one thing that I can fault this product on.

Fresh Rose Tinted Lip balm
A natural looking tinted lip balm that contains SPF 15 to protect your lips. This formula also contains sugar which is a well known humectant to protect against water loss.
•Loved this colour on my lips as it subtly enhances my natural rosey colour. Pigment was also long-lasting and the texture didn't feel thick or sticky.
•Very nourishing formula without causing me to breakout around the lips, this can often happen when I am using Shea butter based lip products.

Target customer: 
Everyone! Fresh do lots of different colours too, so if you're looking for more of a natural nude then go for it.

Would I repurchase?
Just ordered a new one from SpaceNK.

Becca Light Shifter Brightening Concealer 
Designed as a hydrating complexion illuminator to brighten, blur and conceal with light not heavy pigment.
•I loved the texture of this product under the eyes as it lifts the area in a natural way. This product didn't dry or crease at all, even after a full day of wearing it.
•Beautiful highlighter than can be used anywhere- cheek bones, under eyes and over the eyes. Long-lasting and didn't feel too liquidy either.

Target customer: 
I'd recommend this to someone looking for a lightweight, brightening product that doesn't like which concealer. Very natural highlighter, so is ideal for ageing skin.

Would I repurchase?
This type of makeup products suits me down to the ground because it's natural and lightweight but effectively brightens. I think next time, I would try 1.5 for an even lighter finish.

Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser
A lightweight, gel to lotion formula that conceals imperfections which providing antioxidant protection to the skin with its formula of green tea extracts, honey suckle and chamomille.

Target Customer:
Someone looking for a lightweight base that doesn't want much coverage but is looking to protect their skin. All skin types can use but oily skin types might find this a bit too rich on their skin.

Would I repurchase?
I enjoyed this product but I definitely preferred Future Skin - their foundation. So I won't be buying this one again.

Comments

Popular Posts