My Tips & Tricks For Clearer Skin

Ever have those dreaded 'spot' days? 

I know exactly how you feel! I suffered with acne a year ago, because of it I lost all of my self confidence and was always really self conscious over my skin. I'd cover my face up in makeup in attempt to cover my bad skin but that only made it worse. My skin got really aggravated by the harsh chemicals and ingredients, so not only did I have spots but I also had rashes all over my face. (It wasn't a pretty sight to say the least)

To sum it up; my skin was pretty bad. 



Top Tips For Clear Skin

  1. Strip back on all of the oil based products in your skincare and makeup routine. By using 'Oil Free' products or 'Oil balancing' you won't be adding unnatural products to your skin which could lead to a break out. 
  2. Have 'NO makeup' days. Days without makeup will allow your skin a break (as well as saving money!). I always find during a break out, a no makeup day gives my skin a chance to breathe.
  3. Drink plenty of water. As annoying as this is, (I know everyone says this) drinking water is so beneficial to your skin and your body. Skip fizzy drinks and challenge yourself to 2 litres of water a day...IT'S COMPLETELY FREE.
  4. Wash your face daily with a gentle exfoliator, this will get rid of dead skin (yep I went there) and will clear away any black heads or dirt under the skin. By using a gentle face wash, you are not irritating it.
  5.  Eat those veggies! Now not everyone likes eating vegetables or fruit but try out some new veggies and see what you like. Your skin will thank you for it. 
A brand that I strongly, strongly recommend trying out is 'Simple'. All of their products are oil free or oil balancing which means they won't irritate your skin. Their range is super affordable and available in many places, from good ol' Tesco's to Superdrug etc. Ever since I had acne a year ago, I have been using Simple products and have noticed a SERIOUS difference! 


These products (see right) are my holy grail/must have items. They are all available from the drugstore and many supermarkets. 

  • Simple Cleansing Wipes
  • Simple Cleansing Lotion
  • Simple Rich Moisturiser
  • Boots Eye Gel
  • Garnier Mattifying Cream
  • Simple Exfoliating Wash
  • Garnier Micellar Water
  • YES To Grapefruit Wipes




I hope you found this helpful! Let me know if you try any of these products out.
Thank-you so much for reading this!
-Clo xo



























Comments

Popular Posts