Beauty Advice For Freshers

Shout out to all the freshers out there who are months behind on sleep, I feel ya! My eye bags are currently packed for China (you think I'm joking...)



I honestly have had the best Freshers' experience so far, and it's only been 2 months. However, the last thing on my mind has been sleep- so I've had to over compensate for the lack of sleep and unruly night life in my makeup and skincare routine. If you couldn't tell- this blog post is going to be heavily beauty-related but as always for gals and guys, so I hope it helps!

Tip number 1- INVEST in an eye-cream! Whether it's a brightening one or an anti-ageing one, you need an intensive moisturiser to combat the effect of alcohol and insomnia. By all means stay out till 5 in the morning, but please do not forget to apply an eye cream, it'll add at least 2 more hours of sleep to your face.

Tip numero 2- Those makeup remover wipes from Simple are your new best friend. Part makeup remover/part skincare routine- your new life saver. I hate leaving my makeup on during the night, but after the vodka shots- the last thing on my mind is taking my mascara off.

Tip number 3- NEVER leave for a night out without setting your makeup. I recommend the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder; student friendly (only £7) and it smells incredible. For those with drier skin types, I suggest using a setting spray as it will not only perfect your skin in photos, but will moisturise your skin so it's ready for the entire night.

Tip number 4- Drink water 24/7, before you go out, as you're out and when you get home. I've never had a hangover and I say it's down to the fact I drink so much water (I can't promise it'll work for everyone though).

Other non-beauty related tips-

  • Learn how to say NO to guys, do not give out your number, do not let them buy you a drink and DO NOT go home with them! You will 100% regret it, I'm telling you. 
  • Don't cook when you're drunk- the pancake you're eating isn't even a pancake, it's an omelette! (personal experience)
  • Wear whatever the hell you want on your feet- if you want to be 6ft3' then wear heels, just consider comfort over EVERYTHING!



I'll be posting a detailed makeup look that's perfect for going out, as soon as I can. In the meantime, I'll be posting, as always on my Instagram

-Clo 




Comments

Popular Posts