She left me...

How to deal with your sibling going to University...

My sister moved out in September 2013 to study Chemistry at University. At the time, I didn't really know how much it was going to effect me but her absence in the house has really had an effect on me! 

Firstly, my sister and I did not always see eye to eye; in fact we argued ALL the time and found each other utterly disgusting. Back then, I couldn't wait for the day that she'd move out. We wouldn't have to share a room, I'd never had to listen to her singing or have her teasing me (like older sisters do!). 

And I know this sounds cliche, but I honestly miss her, I miss not being able to argue with her, not talking to her about stupid things or having her support me in family disagreements. With her gone, I feel like I've lost a part of me. And even though I can still Skype her, it's not the same as 'having' her here with me. 

So if your sister or brother are going to University; my piece of advise for you is to appreciate the time you have with them now. Before long, they'll be gone and you'll regret every second you've spent arguing with them. I know how good it is for my sister to be at Uni, but I'd give anything to have her back with me. I'm so happy for her and proud of her for so well and getting into such an amazing Uni, but I just want my sister back!



Do you know what it feels like? Has your sister/brother gone to Uni?
Let me know in the comments :)

-Clo xo

Comments

Popular Posts