Estée Lauder 'Double Wear' Foundation Review


I recently posted over on my Instagram about my recent purchase of Estée Lauder's 'Double Wear' foundation. I had a few people ask what I thought of the product, which at the time I couldn't quite figure out, as I'd only had it for a few days. I assumed it was just as good as everyone else made out, as it's been voted as the UK's number 1 foundation. But now that I've had longer to test it out and decide what I thought of it, I thought it was about time I do a blog post on it.


Firstly, I'm all for the glass bottle packaging, however WHERE IS THE PUMP?! It annoys me how I have to literally tip the bottle on the back of my hand, never quite knowing how much I'm going to get today. The foundation also sets quite quickly, so I find myself having one flawless looking hand and the other not so much. Aside for the packaging default I do have to say that I really have enjoyed using this foundation.

I typically apply one layer of foundation, using my Real Techniques' ' Buffing Brush', which I find, gives me medium to high coverage. I would recommend this foundation to those of you, who suffer with blemishes or redness as it provides that sort of high coverage, while still looking like skin. Another thing that I liked about this foundation, is that it lasted throughout the day, whether I was working or going out. I totally agree with the '15 hours' staying power of this, however I do apply this with my Smashbox primer which could be adding to this.

If I am being completely honest, I do however, find this product to be very thick on my skin. I can definitely feel that I am wearing foundation throughout the day. This isn't a problem for those of you searching for a higher coverage foundation, however in the summer this feeling is not ideal. I also have to mention how this appears to accentuate dry areas on my face. I personally have slightly oily skin, so I do not find this to be a serious problem. However, for those with severe dry skin, this is probably not the best foundation for you. Obviously, this comes down to personal preference, but it's just something to bare in mind.

So all in all, I have enjoyed this foundation, I like the coverage it gives, compared to other foundations I have used. I also love the longevity of this as I do not find myself applying more throughout the day, or having to use powders etc. The foundation sets quite quickly, leaving a semi-matte finish, usually I prefer a more dewy finish but I do like the finish of this.

I hope this was helpful to some of you, let me know your thoughts on this

Comments

Popular Posts