The Summer Eyeshadow Edit

Let's pretend for the sake of this post, that it's going to remain above 25 degrees and the 'sun' will continue to make it's surprised visit, here in the UK. (I know that none of this will actually happen, but let's go with it!)



The '5 easy-to-use' products on my eyes are *drum roll please*...

-Urban Decay's Primer Potion (original), it's an absolute must if you want your makeup to last, especially if you find that your eyelids are slightly more oily than the average. It's a holy-grail product for me, so it's a given that I use this step.

-Nars Dual Intensity Eye-Shadow (Callisto), if you haven't heard of these shadows before, they basically work in two different ways; firstly, they can be applied dry with an eye-shadow brush, or fingers if that's your preference, or for a more long-lasting look and for even more pigmentation, you can dampen your makeup tool (I use my Zoeva 221 brush). I apply this eye-shadow all over the eyelid, bringing it slightly higher than my lid, through my crease.

-MAC Shadow (Satin Taupe), I love this eye-shadow as a crease shade to define my eye shape slightly and to also bring out the blue of my eyes. I find this works so well with the Nars shade. I blend this into the crease using my Zoeva 231 brush.

-Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil (Stag), I use this pencil to define my upper lash line and as it claims to last "24/7" it's perfect for the summer time. I tend not to use this on my lower lash line, purely because I find it smudges, which is not a good look on me...I end up with the classic panda eyes.

-Benefit's 'Roller Lash' Mascara- I cannot sing this mascara's praise enough, I've been using this non-stop for the past 3 months. There is no 'eyelash curling' stage needed when using this mascara. I find it holds the curl all day, however it does leave some black smudging on my brow bone, but it's nothing a little makeup wipe won't fix.

As always, let me know some of the products you are currently loving this summer.


Comments

Popular Posts