MAC's 'Vanilla' Pigment Review


Hey everyone!

Last Saturday I was looking through my makeup collection for a highlight to wear for a night out; I usually opt for my holy grail Mineralised Skin Finish by MAC in 'Soft & Gentle'. But I wanted to try something different; that's when I found my pigment pot, which I'd completely forgotten about.

And guess what? I friggin' love it again!

This pigment pot retails for £16, which is a lot cheaper than the Mineralised Skin Finishes (£24) by MAC. The whole idea behind the pigment pots, is that they are multi purpose products; they can be used for highlight and also eyeshadows. They are a lot messier than most of my other highlighters, as they are loose powders, however this gives you more control as to how much you use- so long as you don't mind the powder going absolutely everywhere.

Vanilla is a shimmery off-white shade that is perfect as a highlighter. I found using this on my eyes just led to fall out, so I don't really wear this on my eyelids. I find the product alters in colour slightly once applied to the skin, the gold reflects looks almost pink in some lights, which looks fine on my fair skin tone. However, for those with darker skin tones, this may look slightly off.

This product can be quite difficult to blend, as it's so pigmented, however the MAC 217 brush allows you to add the pigment little by little, building it up to the amount you want.  I definitely agree that a little goes a long way with this one!



In comparison, to the Mineralised Skin Finishes, I probably prefer to use them over the pigment pots, as they are a lot more subtle and easier to blend. However, for nights out and photo opportunities, I definitely recommend Vanilla as a highlighter.

Let me know some of your favourite highlighters!

-Clo xo

Comments

Popular Posts