Nivea 'Post Shave Balm' Review



Hey everyone!

Before we all start questioning why I'm using this product (seeing as it's labelled as a product for 'Men'), I'd like to draw the attention to the question of 'who the heck decides whether a male or female can use a certain product'. Answer- no one!

Anyway- for those of you that read too many beauty blogs, like myself; then you'd have already seen this product going around social media as the new drugstore alternative to a primer.

Ingredients
With the 2nd ingredient being glycerin, this post shave balm allows for a flawless and long lasting base for makeup. This product is part of Nivea's 'sensitive' range which removes alcohol as one of the ingredients. I always find alcohol based beauty products are really harsh and can be incredibly drying on my skin. Another thing I like about the ingredients in this balm, is the fact it does not contain oil, which I find can make my skin look fairly oily in photos.

First Thoughts?
My first initial thoughts when using this product went straight towards the smell- obviously a product that is ultimately designed for menl you can imagine the stronger, more masculine scent (gender roles- I know; ridiculous, right?) I also find that this product takes a lot longer to set once applied, compared to many other primers. It also leaves a very dewy finish, which is good for those with slightly drier skin types, however for those who tend to suffer with oily break outs, perhaps this primer may be too moisturising for you. The use of glycerin also leaves a slightly tacky feel to the skin, but this is to be expected, as it is allowing the makeup to last a lot longer on the skin.

Longevity
I have definitely noticed a difference in terms of the longevity of my makeup, in comparison to not wearing a primer. However, compared to a higher-end product like Smashbox's 'PhotoFinish' primer- it would seem that this drugstore alternative was not able to last as long. Because of this, I've started using this product throughout the day and for nights when I am going out; I switch to either my Smashbox or my Benefit primer.

Final Thoughts
Overall, I'm pleased with how this product has worked with my skin. Although, after hearing this was a product that Kylie Jenner was using- I was disappointed at the difference between my holy grail Smashbox primer. Clearly KJ has not used the 'PhotoFinish' primer before!

Have you tried this product?
Let me know what you think!

-Clo xo

Comments

Popular Posts